11 November 2017

Navratri Celebration - 2K17

Dasara Bombe Habba, Navaratri, Golu, Durga Pooja, the 10 days celebration is celebrated and known by different names in India. 
And we celebrate it as Dasara Bombe Habba, the arrangement of dolls. This is our 7th year of Navaratri at home and the arrangement it getting better, year after after with the increasing collection of my dolls. So here it is for this year's celebration.











And this last pic has my daughter's best of waste project, the lighthouse, made of paper cup, tissue roll, gems ball cap, bead and sea shells. How is it?
I had been lucky enough to visit bombe of my friends and relatives over the years, be at Dubai or Thane or Hassan, so this year was no different. We shifted to Pune this March and one of my friends informed me of bombe in my neighbourhood. And believe me, I never wait for an invite to visit bombe, so I was there to see this beautiful arrangement,
After Bombe, here is about this year's Durga Pooja celebration.
While there are many Bengali Associations arranging Durga Pandals in Mumbai and Thane, I was not sure of any in Pune. But then one of my friends told me about Shivanjali Mangal Karlay on Nagar Road and Rohi Villa in Koregaon Park. 
 Shivanjali Mangal Karlay had this beautiful Durga idol along with life size ladies, representing the power of Durga.
 And this is of Rohi Villa at Koregoan Park, one of the rich Durga pandals. This pandal also has a flea market and food court. 
If you stay in Pune, don't miss to visit them next Durga Puja. That's it for this year's Navratri post, hope you all like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment